Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Christmas recipe was given to me after a wonderful Brunch in 1988. We loved it, and I hope you will veto it!
- 16 slices white bread, crust removed
- 16 slices back bacon or 16 slices ham (etc)
- 16 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Special K cereal
- In a 9x13" buttered glass baking dish, put 8 pieces of bread, adding pieces to cover dish entirely.
- Cover bread with slices of ham, etc.
- sliced thin.
- Lay slices of cheddar cheese on top of ham and cover with slices of bread to make it like a sandwich.
- In a bowl beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, milk, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco.
- Pour over sandwiches.
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- In morning: Melt 1/4 lb.
- Pour over top.
- Cover with Special K.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh cut up fruit and hot cinnamon rolls.
This has been Christmas morning breakfast for as long as I can remember!
Yum, its not Christmas without it!!
We have this for brunch every Christmas. With fruit cocktail on the side in a fruit nappy.