Recipe by Valerie in Australia
I got this recipe from a very good friend of mine. I needed something quick and easy for Christmas Morning and Wow this was it. It tastes great. I left the Tabasco sauce out.
Top Review by maryjane in spain
Love this classic - this week I made it for a pot-luck breakfast. I cut the bread into circles with a juice glass and followed the recipe using a muffin tin instead of the baking dish. Baked in over at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
- 16 slice bread, crust removed
- sliced ham
- sliced cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46-4.92 ml dry mustard
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- 59.14 ml green pepper, finely chopped (green capsicun)
- 4.92-9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 709.77 ml whole milk
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 113.39 g butter, melted
- enough crushed corn flakes, to cover
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9"X 13" buttered pan, put 8 slices of bread that the crust has been removed.
- Add ham layered over bread.
- Lay cheese over ham.
- Cover with rest of bread.
- In bowl beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- To egg mixture add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco (optional) Pour over bread, cover and let stand in fridge overnight.
- In the morning cover with crushed corn flakes.
- Melt 1/4 1b butter and pour over top of flakes.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- When baked let sit for 10 minutes before serving.