Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a very good friend of mine. I needed something quick and easy for Christmas Morning and Wow this was it. It tastes great. I left the Tabasco sauce out.
- 16 slices bread, crust removed
- sliced ham
- sliced cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped (green capsicun)
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- enough crushed corn flakes, to cover
- In a 9"X 13" buttered pan, put 8 slices of bread that the crust has been removed.
- Add ham layered over bread.
- Lay cheese over ham.
- Cover with rest of bread.
- In bowl beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- To egg mixture add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco (optional) Pour over bread, cover and let stand in fridge overnight.
- In the morning cover with crushed corn flakes.
- Melt 1/4 1b butter and pour over top of flakes.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- When baked let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Love this classic - this week I made it for a pot-luck breakfast. I cut the bread into circles with a juice glass and followed the recipe using a muffin tin instead of the baking dish. Baked in over at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
I made this for Christmas breakfast for my family, my parents and my brother. I, too, left the tobasco out. Everyone LOVED it. My brother even had a big helping - and he doesn't like bread (yea, I know *shakes head*: there's one in every family)
From the Best of Bridge, "Enjoy" cookbook. A definite winner.