1/2 Photos of Christmas Morning Wife Saver
Valerie in Australia's Note:
I got this recipe from a very good friend of mine. I needed something quick and easy for Christmas Morning and Wow this was it. It tastes great. I left the Tabasco sauce out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 slices bread, crust removed
- sliced ham
- sliced cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped (green capsicun)
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/4 lb butter, melted
- enough crushed corn flakes, to cover
- 1In a 9"X 13" buttered pan, put 8 slices of bread that the crust has been removed.
- 2Add ham layered over bread.
- 3Lay cheese over ham.
- 4Cover with rest of bread.
- 5In bowl beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- 6To egg mixture add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco (optional) Pour over bread, cover and let stand in fridge overnight.
- 7In the morning cover with crushed corn flakes.
- 8Melt 1/4 1b butter and pour over top of flakes.
- 9Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- 10When baked let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Morning Wife Saver
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.2
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 358.3 mg
- Sodium 1204.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 23.3 g