Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang; a breakfast casserole
Make and share this Christmas Morning Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork sausage
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- day old challah (5 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Stir often to crumble the meat.
- Remove the sausage and drain on paper towels.
- While the sausage is cooking, whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- You should have 4 1/2 cups of cubes.
- Stir the bread cubes into the egg mixture.
- Add the sausage and cheese and stir well.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared dish.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.