1 hr 45 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang; a breakfast casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- 2Stir often to crumble the meat.
- 3Remove the sausage and drain on paper towels.
- 4While the sausage is cooking, whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add the milk, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- 6Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- 7You should have 4 1/2 cups of cubes.
- 8Stir the bread cubes into the egg mixture.
- 9Add the sausage and cheese and stir well.
- 10Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 11Pour the egg mixture into the prepared dish.
- 12Cover and chill overnight.
- 13Uncover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Morning Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.2
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 305.6 mg
- Sodium 1088.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 28.2 g