Recipe by peppermintkitty
Top Review by CindyB7
Wonderful recipe! My family EXPECTS this every Christmas morning. The original recipe called for Ritz crackers - this adds a nice buttery flavor. The original recipe also called for a cheese sauce that is poured over the eggs and sausage ring. The recipe left the choice of cheese sauce up to the chef. I have found that a Savarin pan for the Apple Sausage Ring creates a nice presentation and allows room for plenty of eggs and garnish. *The original recipe that I am speaking of won first prize at the Ohio Apple Festival a few years ago.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a ring mold.
- In a bowl, combine sausage, crushed crackers, 2 eggs, milk, finely chopped onion and finely chopped apple; mix well.
- Place into a greased ring mold and unmold onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Move to a warm serving plate.
- Scramble remaining 6 eggs in a skillet and spoon into the center of cooked sausage ring.
- Serve immediately.