Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I make this every year! Delicious!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cheeses.
- Place half of mixture in each pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, onion and peppers.
- Pour half over sausage in each shell.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
I loved it, the kids loved it (even better!). I made the second one with cubed ham. May try some hollandaise sauce with it next time. Very easy and very good.
This was a very good addition to our Christmas brunch. Everyone enjoyed it. I think I may skip the swiss cheese next time and go with co-jack or another cheese combination. I really enjoyed the Swiss, but DH and DS weren't quite as excited about it! :-)