1/1 Photo of Christmas Morning Hot Chocolate
I first made this on Christmas day in 2001. It tastes great and my kids drank it in no time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In top of double boiler, combine the cocoa, sugar and water; mixing until you have a smooth paste.
- 2Place over low heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Put top of double boiler over boiling water and continue to cook, boiling for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and cool.
- 5In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk to scalding. Do not boil.
- 6Sowly pour the chocolate mixture into the scalding milk, whisking until it is smooth and heated through.
- 7Whisk in the cinnamon.
- 8Pour into heated mugs and add a cinnamon stick if desired.
- 9Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Morning Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 91.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g