Recipe by Epi Curious
From The Wickwood Inn in Saugatuk, MI, owned & operated by Julee Rosso (of The Silver Palate fame)...this contains buttery croissants, toasted almonds and Grand Marnier. This is prepared the day before and it's such a wonderful way to greet Christmas morning!
Top Review by ~Bliss~
Someone gave me this recipe ages ago, and I didn't realize it was on here. I have no contact with this person, and really wanted to find my copy of this recipe, and decided to check here, and I'm thrilled. This is excellent. The cherries are a "must", but I did omit the almonds and it was just as good. So so glad I found this again.
- 6 croissants
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray butter (or Pam) in 9 x 12 rectangular baking dish. Place croissants in pan, two per row, side by side lengthwise.
- Place cream, milk, eggs, Grand Marnier, cried cherries and orange zest in a bowl. Combine thoroughly. Poure egg mixture over croissants. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, sprinkle top of croissants lightly with 1 teaspoon sugar, cinnamon, toasted almonds and then very lightly with 1 teaspoon sugar again.
- Bake at 350 (preheated oven) for 30 to 35 minutes on middle shelf of oven. Serve with the best warmed pure maple syrup you can find.