This is so good. You can make it ahead of time and then pop it in the oven on Christmas morning. My kids love it year round. It is always a big hit at any breakfast or brunch.
- Mix first three ingredients well.
- Cut crusts off 2 loaves of sandwich bread.
- Roll each slice as flat as possible with rolling pin.
- Spread sugar, egg yolk& cream cheese mixture on bread and roll into crescent.
- Melt margarine.
- Mix sugar with enough cinnamon to make it dark.
- Roll crescents in melted margarine, then in cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Freeze on cookie sheet for 30 minutes, and then put in plastic bags.
- When ready to bake, remove crescents from plastic bags and place on cookie sheet. Bake frozen at 400 for about 10-15 minutes.
We added strawberry or peach jam in with the cream cheese mixture before we rolled up the bread. Absolutely fabulous and my four children have requested it become a regular in our "brunch" routine. Thank you so much for submitting the recipe!
sorry,the kids didn't really like these
Very good...made two batches. BUT I found after mixing the first 3 ingredients that the mixture was a little loose to work with....any helpful suggestions