Recipe by Ridgely
This is what we have on Christmas morning. This is a little different than most breakfast casseroles that have been posted here, so I thought I would share. It is very good and I like to keep it special by serving it only this one time a year.
Top Review by peaceangel_ca
My family loved this recipe! It sure made Christmas morning a lot easier. The only confusing thing was the amount of cheese called for...it say 2-3 cups but only use 1 cup...confusing. We used 2 cups and it turned out great...even better were the leftovers reheated the next day!
- 1 loaf bread (cut crusts)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked
- 2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese, combined (I only used about 1 cup total)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk (could add other additional ingredients that suit your tastes, but I prefer it simple like listed abo)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9 x13.
- Lay 6 pieces of bread in bottom of pan, and then layer half the bacon and cheese and repeat.
- Combine beaten eggs, salt, pepper and milk, pour over top.
- Let sit overnight Bake at 350 45 to 60 minutes.
- (35 minutes covered and then the last 10-15 uncovered).