Recipe by dayla
I got this recipe from the Cooking in the West with WAASCOE cookbook. It has been a family favorite for years now. My daughter looks forward to Christmas knowing that this will be served for breakfast. It is good anytime of the year though. I hope it becomes a family favorite of yours also.
Top Review by The Amazing Christy!
This was delicious. Instead of canned mushrooms, I sauteed some and I also added sauteed onions. Took to church for Easter lunch. DH and visiting priest thought it was wonderful. Definitely worth trying, especially for a crowd.
- 12 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup drained sliced mushrooms
- 6 slices bread
- 1 lb bulk sausage, crumbled,fried and cooled
- 1 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, milk and soup.
- Add mushrooms.
- Spray or grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Remove crust from bread, butter bread slices and then place butter side down in bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread slices.
- Top with sausage.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Refridgerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done in middle when tested with knife.
- I use homemade french bread that I made in the bread machine with this recipe.
- I also just put the whole can of mushroom soup in and use a little more cheese than it calls for.
- We do love the cheese!