Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had this one Christmas at a friend's house. I do not eat grits but I do eat them in this casserole. It is so yummy!
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits (make ahead of time)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb ground sausage (mild, regular, fully cooked)
- Cook grits and brown ground sausage.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into a 9X13 GREASED pan.
- Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Cook 1 hour at 350 degrees F. Will bubble. If make and refrigerate the day before, it may take a little bit longer to cook. It will be cooked by it not being watery, instead it will be jiggly.
- Note: I do not sprinkle cheese on top of casserole.