Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy oven scrambled egg dish. Nice for a large cowd if find, especially on a buffet when I serve many other breakfast items.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 dozen eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 green onions, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter, cool, then pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Tilt dish to coat bottom.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until blended.
- Add the finely chopped green onions, or onion powder and pour into melted butter.
- cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
Easy, but the texture wasn't for us. I loved the idea, but won't make again. Thanks for posting.
These are just wonderful. Don't be afraid to try this! I made them for a graduation with rave reviews. Would be a great thing to take to a work breakfast. Thanks!
Excellent! I mixed the cheese in, poured and baked. We ate that this morning for breakfast with sausage on the side and bagels. Perfect meal for a break between opening presents. Thanks for posting!