Recipe by jewelz4jesus
This is a wonderful make-ahead breakfast dish. I make it every Christmas and my family loves it!
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (24 ounce) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups cubed ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 deep dish casserole with butter.
- Cut bacon in one inch strips and fry till crisp, drain on paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Add chopped onion to bacon drippings in pan and sauté until clear.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, seasonings.
- Add to the bowl the frozen hash browns, sautéed onion, cheese, bacon, cubed ham and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-1 hour just until center is set (no wiggle but don't over bake!).
- Let set for 5-10 minutes and serve in slices.