Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Christmas Morning Baked French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices baguette (cut on a long diagonal)
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- cinnamon, for dusting
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle and generously butter a 13- by 9-inch shallow baking dish or pan (3-quart; preferably glass or ceramic).
- Arrange bread in 1 layer in baking dish. Dissolve espresso powder in hot water in a large bowl. Whisk in milk, eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- Pour custard over bread, then turn slices over several times so they soak up as much custard as possible. Sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake until puffed and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in dish on a rack 10 minutes, then dust with cinnamon.
This was a good baked french toast. The expresso power added a nice touch! Not sure what I did wrong but it seemed to turn out a tad soggy but I will try it again! Thanks for posting,, Made for My 3 chefs 08'