Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My husbands family tradition. His aunt has a secret recipe pie that apparently no one is allowed to have the recipe to. I asked his mom for it and she said "She won't even give it to ME, why would she give it to YOU?!! Well hahaha, jokes on all of them after intensive internet searching I found what I believe is the "secret" recipe! LOL
- 2 cups thin mint cookies (crushed)
- 3 -4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (9 inches)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 -10 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish. In a small bowl, combine remaining crumbs with enough hot water to make crumbs spreadable. Spread over the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- If food coloring is desired, divide mixture in half and add coloring to one half. Alternately spoon mounds of plain and colored mixture into crust; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.