Recipe by Kim1
I got these from a co worker and she told me they tasted like Girl Scout Cookies so I tryed them. I am do have to say they taste as close to the Girl Scout cookies as you can get. Prep times includes the chilling.
Top Review by Nikoma
Love um. Easy as can be. I made 2 batches as written and 2 batches with the andes mint chips. I like them better as written. You get a thicker coating of chocolate and I think the flavor is closer to the girl scout cookies. Thanks for this great simple holiday cookie! Update - couldn't remember what type of chocolate I used the last time so I used semi sweet chips this time. I think they're better with milk chocolate! The problem people are having with the chocolate seizing when they add the extract can be fixed very simply - you add the extract to the chips and toss BEFORE putting over the heat. The seizing is caused by the temp difference. Using tweezers is also a great idea!
- 1⁄2 lb Melting Chocolate baking chocolate
- 2 -3 drops peppermint extract
- 1 package Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Chocolate over low heat.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of Peppermint oil.
- You do not need alot so make sure they are small drops.
- Line a cookies sheet with foil.
- Dip Crackers into Chocolate,Cover and lay on cookie sheet make sure they do not touch.
- Chill until firm.