Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Because of the whole wheat flour, I've always felt these squares were somewhat healthy. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I definitely can say they're delicious, and perfect for any holiday goodie platter.
- Preheat oven to 375F; grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and baking soda.
- Stir in melted butter and mix together until mixture appears crumbly.
- Firmly pat half the crumb mixture into prepared pan, then cover evenly with mincemeat.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over mincemeat and pat lightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until squares appear golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.