1/1 Photo of Christmas Mince Pies
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
For years it was a family competition of sorts to see who would be the first to bring home Christmas mince pies to share. When my mom started making these, the store-bought ones suddenly became so mediocre that our annual bit of fun fell away because no-one would eat them anymore!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
QUICK FRUIT MINCEMEAT
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 100 g raisins
- 50 g sultanas
- 50 g black currants
- 50 g candied peel
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/3 cup chopped glace cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 25 -50 ml brandy
- 1QUICK FRUIT MINCEMEAT:.
- 2Combine all ingredients and set aside for flavours to infuse.
- 4Sift flour, cornflour, and icing sugar.
- 5Rub in the butter.
- 6Beat egg and vanilla together then add, mixing well.
- 7Knead into a ball without overhandling the pastry.
- 8Roll out thinly on a floured board and cut into 3" rounds.
- 9Reroll offcuts until all the pastry is used.
- 10Place rounds in a patty pan, place a heaped teaspoon of filling in the middle of each pastry round and cover with second pastry round.
- 11Press edges together with the prongs of a fork and prick each top twice.
- 12Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes or until pale gold.
- 13Leave to cool slightly before removing to cooking rack.
- 14Dust lightly with icing sugar.
- 15COOKS NOTE - If you don't have a patty pan, place the pies on a cookie sheet rather than in a muffin tray, which is too deep.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Mince Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: