Leslie O's Note:
So cute, the perfect Christmas party cookie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover work area with piece of waxed paper 18 inches long.
- 2Dry cherries with paper towels.
- 3Place 2/3 cup chips and the oil in 6oz custard cup.
- 4Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 10 seconds, or until chips are softened; stir until smooth.
- 5Hold 1 cherry by stem (mouse tail), and dip into melted chips, covering completely-- even stem (tail).
- 6Immediately place on shortbread triangle, with tail at 45-degree angle.
- 7Place 2 of the sliced almonds against front of cherry to form mouse ears.
- 8Repeat with remaining cherries, shortbread and almonds.
- 9Using the remaining melted chips as glue and a toothpick to spread the melted chips, attach the flat side of a whole chip (flat side back) to the base of the almonds to form the mouse head.
- 10Using melted chips as glue, attach a few shreds of coconut for the whiskers and a red hot for the nose.
- 11Let cool without moving 50-60 minutes or until the melted chip mixture is firm and completely set.
- 12store in cool place up to one week.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Mice on Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 52.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white chocolate chips
red cinnamon candies