Recipe by Halcyon Eve
Chocolate mice from Simple & Delicious December 2008. My mom makes peanut butter mice cookies; these would go very well I think. They are just chocolate--not chocolate-cherry. Prep time includes microwaving time, but not chilling time.
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided (about 40 wafers)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 36 red nonpareils
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 18 pieces black licorice strings (2 inches long each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave until almost completely melted, stopping to stir occasionally. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup wafer crumbs and the sour cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cooled enough to handle easily.
- To make each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture into a ball, tapered at one end to make a teardrop shape.
- Gently roll in remaining wafer crumbs to coat.
- Decorate with nonpareils for eyes, almond slices for ears, and licorice for the tail.