1/1 Photo of Christmas Mice
These little guys are soooo cute for parties, luncheons, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries well and count them.
- 2Unwrap an equal amount of chocolate kisses and carefully remove one side of the chocolate cookie from the Oreo, leaving the cream filling on the other side. (Save plain side for another use.).
- 3Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave and stir till smooth.
- 4Dip the cherries in the chocolate, shake to remove excess.
- 5Set the cherry on the flat side of chocolate kiss, and then position them on cream side of the Oreo with the stem hanging over the edge.
- 6Position 2 sliced almonds for ears.
- 7Use red gel for eyes.
- 8Keep the chocolate warm by setting it in a bowl of warm water.
- 9Line cookie sheet with wax paper to set the mice on as you put them together. When you get them all done, let them set for a few minutes before decorating.
- 10To make holly leaves - draw a "v" on each side of the red berry.
- 11For the leftover melted chocolate and plain half of Oreos. Dip each Oreo in chocolate and either sprinkle coconut or chopped nuts on them.
- 12NOTE: You could use cherries without stems and substitute chow mein noodles for the tail.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Mice
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 27
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 81.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red decorating gel