Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
So good! Melt in your mouth Cookies kissed with Almonds, Chocolate and Cherries. Mmmmm!
Make and share this Christmas Meringue Kisses recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until they are doubled in size.
- Continue beating and add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Continue beating until the whites create stiff glossy peaks and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Make sure cherries are very well drained. Gently fold cherries, almonds and chocolate into egg whites.
- Drop by teaspoon fulls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. (Meringues may also be piped through a pastry bag).
- Bake at 275`for 25 minutes or until firmly set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- (You may also drizzle the baked Meringues with melted chocolate after completely cooled).
Let me first say that I *don't* like meringue cookies...I wanted to make these for a friend who loves them. I was going to get their opinion on the cookies and rate accordingly. Well...I LOVE these. The flavors are incredible together, the outside is a little crisp, the inside chewy and oh so indescribably yummy. Just perfect! I would suggest to anyone using a piping bag to be sure your almonds are REALLY fine (almost ground) or you will inevitably get a piece stuck in the tip. This happened to me and by the time I got it out, the meringue had partially deflated. I have some flat cookies, but I don't care...they still taste so, so, so awesome! Thanks much for posting!