Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
So good! Melt in your mouth Cookies kissed with Almonds, Chocolate and Cherries. Mmmmm!
Make and share this Christmas Meringue Kisses recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until they are doubled in size.
- Continue beating and add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Continue beating until the whites create stiff glossy peaks and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Make sure cherries are very well drained. Gently fold cherries, almonds and chocolate into egg whites.
- Drop by teaspoon fulls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. (Meringues may also be piped through a pastry bag).
- Bake at 275`for 25 minutes or until firmly set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- (You may also drizzle the baked Meringues with melted chocolate after completely cooled).
Let me first say that I *don't* like meringue cookies...I wanted to make these for a friend who loves them. I was going to get their opinion on the cookies and rate accordingly. Well...I LOVE these. The flavors are incredible together, the outside is a little crisp, the inside chewy and oh so indescribably yummy. Just perfect! I would suggest to anyone using a piping bag to be sure your almonds are REALLY fine (almost ground) or you will inevitably get a piece stuck in the tip. This happened to me and by the time I got it out, the meringue had partially deflated. I have some flat cookies, but I don't care...they still taste so, so, so awesome! Thanks much for posting!