Recipe by Caryn
These are a most unusual cookie with chocolate chips and crushed candy canes. They are so very different from any other Christmas cookie recipe with a wonderful combination of flavors.
Top Review by Robin W
These cookies were really light and tasty. I didn't have any dark brown paper so I cooked them on wax paper. They came out fine. I think next time I make them I will leave out the chocolate chips. Just a personal opinion.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup crushed candy cane
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tarter and salt; whip until stiff and dry.
- Add sugar, beating constantly until very stiff.
- Fold in chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, nuts, and vanilla.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto heavy brown paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees until the meringue sets.
- Remove from brown paper.