Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Copied this from old issue of Home Cooking. So much flavor in these little gems.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- For meatballs:.
- Combine eggs, soup mix, cranberries, bread crumbs and parsley in bowl. Crumble in ground beef. Mix. Shape into 1-inch balls. Arrange 12 to 14 meatballs on microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with waxed paper. Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- For sauce:.
- Combine cranberry sauce, broth, brown sugar, ketschup, onions and cider vinegar in microwave-safe 2 quart dish. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating once.
- Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Note: I'm just not wild about cooking meat in the microwave -- so I prefer to do these the old fashioned way. I have good luck with placing the formed meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and placing them in the oven set at 350 for about 10 minutes -- just until they firm up. I them add them to a saucepan on the stove that I have made the sauce in and let them simmer on low heat until they are cooked through.