1 hr 10 mins
Copied this from old issue of Home Cooking. So much flavor in these little gems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1For meatballs:.
- 2Combine eggs, soup mix, cranberries, bread crumbs and parsley in bowl. Crumble in ground beef. Mix. Shape into 1-inch balls. Arrange 12 to 14 meatballs on microwave-safe plate.
- 3Cover with waxed paper. Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- 4For sauce:.
- 5Combine cranberry sauce, broth, brown sugar, ketschup, onions and cider vinegar in microwave-safe 2 quart dish. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating once.
- 6Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- 7Note: I'm just not wild about cooking meat in the microwave -- so I prefer to do these the old fashioned way. I have good luck with placing the formed meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and placing them in the oven set at 350 for about 10 minutes -- just until they firm up. I them add them to a saucepan on the stove that I have made the sauce in and let them simmer on low heat until they are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (1739 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 289.2 mg
- Sodium 2128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 88.7 g
- Protein 54.9 g