Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Copied this from old issue of Home Cooking. So much flavor in these little gems.
Make and share this Christmas Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- For meatballs:.
- Combine eggs, soup mix, cranberries, bread crumbs and parsley in bowl. Crumble in ground beef. Mix. Shape into 1-inch balls. Arrange 12 to 14 meatballs on microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with waxed paper. Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- For sauce:.
- Combine cranberry sauce, broth, brown sugar, ketschup, onions and cider vinegar in microwave-safe 2 quart dish. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating once.
- Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Note: I'm just not wild about cooking meat in the microwave -- so I prefer to do these the old fashioned way. I have good luck with placing the formed meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and placing them in the oven set at 350 for about 10 minutes -- just until they firm up. I them add them to a saucepan on the stove that I have made the sauce in and let them simmer on low heat until they are cooked through.