Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy and colorful Christmas "candy. Refrigeration/prep time and servings are approximate.
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup other nuts, your choice
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add a small amount of the warmed chocolate mixture to the beaten egg, combining quickly.
- Add the egg mixture back to the saucepan of chocolate, combining well.
- Turn off heat, and add the marshmallows and nuts, combining well.
- Pour out onto waxed paper, forming into logs approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Refrigerate, and slice to serve.
I made this since the early 1980's & it's wonderful! I originally obtained recipe from a bag of rainbow color marshallows.