1/1 Photo of Christmas Low Fat White-Chocolate Walnut Brownie Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These festive low-fat biscotti are another twist on Julie Van Rosendaal's low-fat biscotti recipe. With only two tablespoons of butter for the entire recipe, you can enjoy your favorite treats this holiday without feeling guilty. Don't forget to divide the dough into two separate loaves or the cookies won't cook evenly. Also, the dough may be more crumbly than traditional biscotti dough. Just use your hands to work it into a log, but be careful not to compact the dough too much. These can be made year round by replacing the colored sugars with white sugar and using plain white chocolate chips. Also try adding peppermint candies and peppermint extract in place of the white chocolate and vanilla respectively. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white (I use "Better Than Egg Whites")
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups white flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (I used Tollhouse red and green colored white chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine your dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt) with a whisk or fork.
- 3Beat butter, sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla in a mixer until smooth.
- 4Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and stir gently just until combined.
- 5Fold in white chocolate and walnuts.
- 6Divide the dough into two even pieces and shape each section of dough into a rectangle that is about 3.5 x 8 inches.
- 7Place each log a few inches apart onto a sprayed cookie sheet.
- 8Brush with a egg white/water mixture and top with coarse red and green sugars.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes or until the top starts to show cracks.
- 10Cool for 10 minutes while lowering the temperature of the oven to 275°F.
- 11On a cutting board, begin to cut diagonal slices about 3/4-inch thick or as desired using a SHARP knife. Salvage the ends as much as possible for bite size pieces.
- 12Place pieces cut side up and cook at 275F for another 20 minutes.
- 13Flip cookies and bake for another 20 minutes.
- 14Turn off the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet in the oven with the door open. (This lets them get nice & crispy).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Low Fat White-Chocolate Walnut Brownie Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g