This special bread is filled with good things. It's the perfect Christmas bread. And this makes 2 loaves, in case you want to give one to a neighbor.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
- Stir in coconut, almonds, cherries and dates.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
I just made a batch of these in my mini bundt pans. It's like banana bread with extra goodies. I'll probably sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar. Yum!