Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Christmas Limas are dappled red with pale green and a nutty flavor
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable broth
- 2⁄3 cup bulgur
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups cooked christmas lima beans or 2 cups pinto beans or 2 cups cranberry beans
- fresh ground pepper
- toasted bread, slices
- In medium saucepan bring broth to a boil.
- Add the bulgur; return to boiling.
- Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Season with the pepper.
- Serve on toasted bread slices.