Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very good cider I tried that I got the recipe from a magazine. It was strong, so add more cinnamon candies for flavor.
- 1 quart pasteurized apple juice or 1 quart apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup hard cinnamon candies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom or 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- orange slices (to garnish) or cinnamon stick (to garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the apple cider or juice with candies. Cook the cider over medium heat until the candies dissolve.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and spice.
- Serve warm in mugs garnished with a cinnamon stick or orange slices.