1/7 Photos of Christmas Jewelled Cranberry and Walnut Bread: Bread Machine
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
French Tart's Note:
A wonderful bread made in the bread machine for any time of the year - but it is especially delicious on Christmas Morning, and throughout the festive period. I always make my famous "The Day after Christmas Sarnies" - Sandwiches - with this bread! (That recipe is also posted on RecipeZaar) I find it difficult to get hold of fresh cranberries where I live, so this recipe uses dried cranberries, but I am sure it would work equally as well with fresh ones too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 360 ml tepid water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 570 g strong white bread flour
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1Place all the ingredients, EXCEPT the walnuts & the dried cranberries, into your breadmaker in the suggested order; mine is wet first, then dry & then the yeast last.
- 2Put the walnut pieces & dried cranberries into the Extras tray - if your breadmaker does not have an Extras tray, add them manually in the last knead.
- 3(Also, if your breadmaker's slot for Extras is small, add some of them by hand when the Extras tray opens!).
- 4Bake on White 2lb Rapid Medium crust OR White 2lb Normal Medium crust with the Extras setting if your bread maker has it.
- 5When the bread has finished baking, remove from the breadmaker carefully, with oven gloves, and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- 6Remove the paddle BEFORE slicing, if it has remained in the bread.
- 7Great with: Cold Meats, Cheeses, Salads & Cream Cheese and also made up as my famous Christmas Sarnie(Sandwich)!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Jewelled Cranberry and Walnut Bread: Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.3
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 1191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 18.7 g