Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Makes a wonderful gift.
- 5 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups desired fruit juice (or nectar such as cranberry, grape, orange or apricot)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In 1 1/2 quart saucepan combine gelatin and sugar.
- Add fruit juice;wait 5 minutes.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cook and stir till gelatin dissolves.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour into shallow pans or paper bake cups.
- Cool; chill till firm.
- (If desired loosen sides. Carefully turn out of pans, using a wide spatula. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on wire rack to dry.) Cover pans or store cutouts in single layers, between waxed paper, in airtight containers up to 5 days.
I like the texture of these, however I do not like the juice I chose for these. I chose mango nectar and I think the juice was just weird, so the outcome wasnt that great. Im sure this would be great with another kind of juice. I have seen this made with green tea and regular tea before at chinese retaurants, so right now I am brewing up a batch of tea and I guess Ill see how that turns out! I am using 2 cups tea, 7 packets equal sweetener, and 2 teaspoons honey. I left everything else the same as your recipe. Im curious to see the outcome. Thanks for this recipe.