1/1 Photo of Christmas Jello Salad
4 hrs 20 mins
It just would not be any holiday in our house without this jello salad. My mother-in-law was the one who started this tradition many years ago, and now has passed her recipe on to me. This rich jello salad has a beautiful presentation with the cherry and lemon jello. To cut a few of the calories from this salad, I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese and sugar free jello.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1In a medium-size pan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and stir in lemon jello until dissolved. Reduce heat to low and add the marshmallows, cream cheese, and mayonnaise. Stir or whisk until all the ingredients are completely dissolved. Turn the heat off.
- 2In the same pan, add the drained pineapple and mix well. Set aside.
- 3In a small chilled bowl, mix the whipping cream until soft peaks are formed. Fold into the jello mixture.
- 4Pour into a 9x13 glass dish and refrigerate until set.
- 6Mix cherry jello into 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- 7Once the lemon mixture has set, pour the room temperature cherry jello slowly on the the top and refrigerate until set.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Jello Salad
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: