Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes a pretty red, white and green jello salad!
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- Prepare lime gelatin as directed on package. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in pineapple; pour into an 8-inch square pyrex bowl. Chill until firm. Gradually add mayonnaise to softened cream cheese, mixing until well blended.
- Add nuts. Spread over molded gelatin layer. Chill until firm.
- Prepare strawberry gleatin as directed on package. Chill till slightly set.
- Pour over cheese mixture; chill until firm.
Served a double batch of this at Christmas this year. The salad was perfect but I should not have doubled the cream cheese mixture. I think you could double the cream cheese if you put it in a 9x13 pan. I put mine in a 10" round bowl and the cheese layer was a little to thick. Such a pretty salad I think I'll make it every year. Thank you for posting.