Recipe by HeatherFeather
posted by request - I haven't tried this one yet. Adapted from Taste of Home magazine. NOTE: This recipe assumes knowledge of proper hot water bath canning techniques. Makes approximately 14 half pints.
Top Review by Calee
Outstanding recipe for strawberry/cranberry jam. I make this every year. Love the stuff. I used fresh strawberries, pureed them in the food processor, measured 4 1/2 cups of strawberry puree, 1 pound bag of frozen cranberries(thawed) and used 2 packages of powdered fruit pectin.(57g pkgs) I added the pectin after the fruit had come to a boil. I used 12 cups of sugar. Its best to use a very large pot so there is room for expansion. A full rolling boil is one that can't be stirred down. Thanks Heather for sharing this recipe.
- 2 (20 ounce) packagesfrozen strawberries or 2 1⁄2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 lb cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 5 lbs granulated sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, grind up the berries until smooth.
- Place in a large stockpot with sugar and pectin and stir to coat.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil and keep it boiling for 1 minute (use a timer) stirring the entire time.
- Remove from heat immediately and let cool 5 minutes (use the timer again).
- Skim off any foam that has risen to the top.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4" space at the top of each jar.
- Put on caps and process 15 minutes in a hot water canning bath.
- Remove from canning bath with sterile canning tongs and let cool upside down overnight, making sure each jar has properly sealed.