1/1 Photo of Christmas Jam (Pectin Version)
posted by request - I haven't tried this one yet. Adapted from Taste of Home magazine. NOTE: This recipe assumes knowledge of proper hot water bath canning techniques. Makes approximately 14 half pints.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food processor, grind up the berries until smooth.
- 2Place in a large stockpot with sugar and pectin and stir to coat.
- 3Bring to a full, rolling boil and keep it boiling for 1 minute (use a timer) stirring the entire time.
- 4Remove from heat immediately and let cool 5 minutes (use the timer again).
- 5Skim off any foam that has risen to the top.
- 6Pour into clean, hot, sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4" space at the top of each jar.
- 7Put on caps and process 15 minutes in a hot water canning bath.
- 8Remove from canning bath with sterile canning tongs and let cool upside down overnight, making sure each jar has properly sealed.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Jam (Pectin Version)
Serving Size: 1 (4126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 167.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g