Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe posted by request.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, juice included
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan combine cranberries, apples, and water.
- Cook over medium high heat until apples apear translucent and cranberries pop.
- Push through a food mill to remove skins, you will want 3 cups pulp.
- Add the pineapple with juice, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stirring constantly bring to a boil, cooking until thick and clear, around 10 minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot jars.
- Process in a boiling water bath 5 minutes for half pint jars.
- Adjust for altitude.
This turned out great! everyone loves it. It was also very easy to make. I was a little unsure becasue of the lack of pectin, but it has a great texture.
This is a lovely jam. Loved by all who have received it fro me.
This is a wonderful addition to my jam collection. Tasty and very pretty. Love the little bit of tartness from the cranberries. I ended up with 5 half pints and a jelly jar. This will go great in the Christmas Baskets. Thanks DiB, for a lovely recipe.