Recipe by Donna M.
This festive jam is being posted for a request. I found it recently in a community type cookbook and I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Top Review by anonymous
This tasted and smelled fantastic and set up beautifully! Every year right after the holidays when cranberries go on sale I buy several pounds of them and dry some, can some, make jams, jellies, sauces, etc - this absolutely will be a recipe that I use every year from here on out! The only change I made was that I could not find a 10 ounce bag of frozen strawberries, only a 14 ounce one so I went to all the trouble of weiging out 10 ounces of strawberries only to decide at the last minute to just use all of them anyway with fantastic results!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!!
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and seeded
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (from above orange)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) packet liquid fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberries and sections of seeded orange in a food processor.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add strawberries, zest, cloves and cinnamon.
- Continue processing until finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Stir together fruit mixture, sugar and water in a very large saucepan or dutch oven until well blended.
- Cook for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a full, rolling boil.
- Stir in liquid pectin.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a rolling boil again and boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Immediately pour into 6 hot, sterilized half-pint jars.
- Carefully wipe clean rims of jars with a damp cloth.
- Place lids on jars and screw on bands just until snug.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water bath and cool away from drafts until jars seal.