Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Icecream pudding especially for Christmas. This is a recipe by Aussie/Kiwi chef 'Huey'. Top with your favourite mixed berries to serve.
- 50 g crystallized ginger
- 100 g glace pineapple
- 100 g glace cherries
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mixed spice
- Grand Marnier (or another orange liqueur)
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 4 liters vanilla ice cream, softened
- mixed berry, to serving
- icing sugar, to serve
- Coarsely chop ginger, pineapple and cherries and mix together with dried fruit, chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice, 4 tbsp.
- Grand Marnier and orange zest. Add ice cream and mix well.
- Then line a bowl with kitchen wrap. Pour in ice cream mixture, cover with more plastic and freeze overnight.
- To serve, wet a tea towel with hot water and place over bowl on a plate. Unmould ice cream and serve with berries sprinkled with Grand Marnier and icing sugar.