Recipe by GinnyP
Another childhood favorite. Now, my kids ask for them!
Top Review by Carole Whitmore
I can't believe I've found this recipe. I remember living in Southern Illinois and making these with my best friend. I must have been about 9 or 10. Her grandmother helped us. I stuffed my face with these wonderful gems. Now I can make it for my kids. This is the best Christmas Cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (I use gluten-free)
- red cinnamon candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepot.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add green food coloring; stir well.
- Add cereal; stir until evely coated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Top each with three red hots (Do this quickly and they'll adhere better).
- Let sit for one hour (if you can).
- Store in covered container laying clusters between sheets of waxed paper.