Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Christmas Holiday Rum Balls with maraschino cherries, pecans and corn syrup to add a delightful twist to the standard recipe. Storing them for up to seven days improves the flavor. (Recipes from www.101lifestyle.com)
- 3 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (divided)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup fine chopped maraschino cherry
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- Mix wafer crumbs with 1 cup of the confectioners sugar, pecans and cocoa and cherries.
- Stir in rum and corn syrup.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls on remaining sugar.
- Store in tightly covered container. Refrigerate.