Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe I came up with to try to replicate a wassail my mother got for us in Deep Creek Maryland - it was fantastic - this might be too sweet for some - but the sugar can be cut down or use all red wine instead of port. But I have a sweet tooth so this is great to me!
- 500-750 ml port wine (3/4 to 1 full bottle of port)
- 125-325 ml red wine (about 1/4 to 1/2 bottle, I used Merlot)
- 473.18 ml cranberry juice cocktail
- 118.29 ml sugar (more or less to taste)
- 236.59 ml water
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Heat until boils.
- Simmer for 10 minutes at least uncovered.
- Remove cinnamon sticks if you wish or serve with cinnamon sticks in a mug.
- Serve hot/warm.