Cook1 hr 20 mins
Quick but luxurious and fun for giving. The baking mix makes it quick, while cherries, candy, fruit and nuts make it look festive when cut open. For a gift presentation, either cut the bread and arrange on a plate, or wrap in nice packaging, because the loaves are a bit brown and lumpy on the outside.
- Beat the eggs, then beat in baking mix, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the cherries, apricots, dates, gumdrops and almonds.
- Spoon into 4 greased miniature baking pans (about 5 inches by 3 inches).
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Batter may be used for muffins.