Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Divide cooled granola between cellophane bags - great gift anytime of year !!
Make and share this Christmas Granola recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Combine oats, cranberries, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, orange rind and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place honey in saucepan over low heat.
- Cook 30 seconds till honey is runny.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add honey mix to oat mixture, stir to combine.
- Spoon into large roasting pan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes till golden.
- Set aside to cool completely.
I used sliced almonds in place of the hazelnuts and also added some banana chips. This makes for a great and easy snack to have around when I want something to munch on. I took some baggies to my in-laws and they loved it too. Made for June 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
So delicious and so easy!! I have never made homemade granola before -- now I know what I have been missing. I used almonds and pumpkin seeds in this, as well as, the dried cranberries. I could not wait for the granola to cool before sampling. Thank you so much for this post. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.
I absolutely do not mind making & serving end-of-the-year holiday dishes any ol' time of the year, this one included! Easy to make & the granola has a wonderful flavor, with the orange zest adding a very nice touch! Will be making this again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]