Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful for a Christmas morning brunch, don't wait until the holidays to make these they are wonderful at anytime ---adjust the amount of sugar to suit taste, I strongly suggest for this and for any pancake recipe to allow the batter to sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours this will improve the texture of the pancakes --- these are wonderful served with orange marmalade :)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 11.09 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger powder
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml clove
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml sugar (increase for more for a sweeter pancake)
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 88.74 ml melted butter (or use half of each) or 88.74 ml vegetable oil (or use half of each)
- marmalade or pancake syrup
- In a large bowl combine first 8 dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl whisk together the egg with buttermilk, sugar, molasses, and melted butter until very well combined; add to the flour mixture and mix lightly until just until moistened (a few small lumps in the mixture is okay, do not overmix).
- At this point you may refrigerate for a few hours until ready to use.
- Grease a griddle, then drop about 1/4-cup batter for each pancake into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges looked cooked.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Serve with marmalade.
Yum Yum Yum!!!! These were served for breakfast on Christmas morning! They were fabulous! I separated the egg whites from the yolks and beat the whites before adding them to the rest of the batter, they came out so fluffy I couldn't believe it!
These are soooooo YUMMY!! I made these for tonights dinner..put together the batter earlier as suggested and used 3T brown sugar in it, to add to the molasses flavor. I had some apple pie filling I had made this fall, so opened up a pint, heated it, and put a few heaping spoonfuls on top of these gems before serving...WONDERFUL Kitten, Thank You for sharing!
I thought these were excellent- an interesting twist on pancakes. I had them with just regular maple syrup and they were great. I will add a little sugar to the batter next time around. Thanks for this one! It will be added to my family's holiday menu.