1/1 Photo of Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Adapted from An Edible Christmas. These are soft, tender cookies. They can be frosted, but do not have to be. I like them with royal icing. The yield will depend on how large you make them. Time does not include time for dough to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- 2Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in molasses and egg.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture to make a soft dough.
- 5Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7On a lightly floured board, roll dough out to about 1/4" thickness. Do not roll too thin.
- 8Cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- 9Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 10Bake for about 8 minutes, or until just firm when pressed. Do not overbake.
- 11Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- 12Remove and place on racks to finish cooling.
- 13Frost if desired. (Optional.).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1143.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 742.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 82.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g