Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my favorite christmas cookie, the best ginger crinkles I make! Happy to share the recipe!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup red colored crystal sugar
- 1⁄4 cup green colored crystal sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red and green colored crystal sugar, mixed
- Beat butter and dark brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and molasses, (will look curdled).
- Beat in flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Chill til firm.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls.
- Roll into colored sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350° on ungreased cookie sheet til cracked on top but soft.
- Cool on wire rack. Do not over bake.
- Store airtight.