Recipe by Aroostook
This is my Aunt Mary's Recipe. Smooth and creamy. This makes about four pounds of fudge. =)
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large, heavy saucepan; add milk and blend, then add sugar, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Boil vigorously for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate morsels and beat until morsels are melted.
- Then add marshmallow creme and continue beating until melted and well blended.
- Add vanilla and nuts and blend well.
- Turn into a well buttered rectangular pan (approximately 12x7x2 inches).
- Wait at least 6 hours before cutting.
- Cut in large squares and store in airtight container.