Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fantastic fudge recipe. It is easier to make than the cooked varieties that require a candy thermometer, but it sets up better than some of the other recipes I've tried that use marshmallows or marshmallow cream. The best of both worlds!! I rich, dense fudge that's fairly simple to prepare. NOTE: I prefer to use dark chocolate chips for a richer, fudgier taste. See the bottom of the instructions for variations.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows or 4 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in medium, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into foil-lined 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired.
- Chill until firm.
- Variations: Milk Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 2 cups milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Butterscotch Fudge: Substitute 2 cups butterscotch chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Mint-Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 1 1/2 cups mint-chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
This is super simple fudge, I'm bringing it to our "Death by Chocolate" party at work (you need something to get yourself through the day when you work retail during the holidays!) Anyways, we made 2 batches, the first one turned out a little dry, we followed the recipe to the letter on that one. The second batch we didn't boil it for the full 4-5 minutes, more like 2-3 and it came out really great. Oh, I forgot to mention, it tastes terrific!
This was a wonderfully quick fudge that is very tasty! I tried this one because I had the exact ingredients called for in my pantry. It's Christmas Eve and we're getting ice outside. I needed something for Santa under the tree. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
This fudge was very simple to make, it set and cut well but I found thtat the flavour wasn't to my liking, my guests seemed to enjoy it! Thankyou for posting this recipe