1/1 Photo of Christmas Fudge
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
A fantastic fudge recipe. It is easier to make than the cooked varieties that require a candy thermometer, but it sets up better than some of the other recipes I've tried that use marshmallows or marshmallow cream. The best of both worlds!! I rich, dense fudge that's fairly simple to prepare. NOTE: I prefer to use dark chocolate chips for a richer, fudgier taste. See the bottom of the instructions for variations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in medium, heavy saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 3Boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- 5Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- 6Pour into foil-lined 8-inch square baking pan.
- 7Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired.
- 8Chill until firm.
- 9Variations: Milk Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 2 cups milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 10Butterscotch Fudge: Substitute 2 cups butterscotch chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 11Mint-Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 1 1/2 cups mint-chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g