Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've just read Murder on a Bad Hair Day by Anne George. Patricia Ann spent a lot of time making cookies. This sounds like the recipe. I hope it is as I'm intrigued. I'm going to make it as soon as I find out how much a quart of pecans is. From recipegoldmine.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 lb candied cherry, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb candied pineapple, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb white raisins
- 1 quart shelled pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in a little water
- Cream butter, add sugar, then beaten egg yolks. Sprinkle some of the flour over the fruit and pecans. Add spices and salt to remaining flour.
- Combine butter, fruit and flour mixtures. Add vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold together butter/flour mixture. Drop scant teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 - 15 minutes. Batter may be prepared several weeks ahead. Freezes well before and after baking.